Warm (maybe 92 degrees!) greetings Friends of Lincoln Park! We've got a work party coming up. On a hot day, the forest is one of the coolest places you can be! As an added inducement, a FLiP member, Bruce of Harry's Chicken Joint will be treating volunteers to his wonderful smoked, skillet fried chicken! Can't pass that up!
- Sunday, Aug 17th 9am to noon
- Meet at the north parking lot kiosk (Fauntleroy Way SW & SW Rose St)
- For your protection, long sleeves and pants suggested w sturdy shoes or boots
I wanted to share some resources with you from SeattleNature Alliance, a group of our neighbors formed to advocate for Seattle parks after the zip line affair.
2) Summer reading http://seattlenaturealliance.org/2014/08/04/summer-reading/
3) Thoughtful essay from SNA on passive use of natural areas http://seattlenaturealliance.org/2014/08/08/passive-use-a-thin-green-line/
|Work break, 8-17|
|Back to work! 8-17|
Volunteer Forest Steward
Friends of Lincoln Park