Saturday, February 25, 2017

Defacing of donated art in Lincoln Park

Forest floor plants grow by the inch and die by the foot! Especially the clawed feet of dogs running illegally off leash in Lincoln Park. But I suspect some dog walkers do not understand that and, in fact, are defiant about their perceived right to let their dogs run off leash through the forests of Lincoln Park. That was made apparent by the recent defacing of a beautiful educational sign, explaining the delicacy of the forest floor plants.

The sign was designed and placed by volunteers from Seattle Nature Alliance and funded by community donations. As volunteer forest steward at Lincoln Park, leading efforts to restore our forest, I’ve seen firsthand the damage done by dogs running loose in the forest. I’d like to appeal to the majority of dog walkers in the park, who obey the leash laws, to use your influence to encourage off leash scofflaws to behave in a more responsible way.

Thank you! 

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes talk to people with dogs. I thank the ones that have their dogs on leashes and suggest others put their dogs on leases. Those that don't I call vandals. They may not put their dog on a leash but it seems to get their attention. They know they are good people and want to be known by others at good people. I think they think about it.

    ReplyDelete